Welcome to the Financial Planning for YOU course by FFA!
You’re joining scores of learners currently enrolled in the course.
We are excited to have you in the class and look forward to your contributions to the learning community.
- To begin, I recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course curriculum.
- Review the material we’ll cover each week, and preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course.
- Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class.
- If you have questions about course content, please post them in the FORUMS to get help from others in the course community.
- For technical problems with the platform, CONTACT the Help Center.
The desired learning outcomes of these course content is highlighted below. At the end of the course, you should be able to
- Determine and set personal financial goals.
- Understand the importance and implement the process of personal budgeting.
- Understand why and how to deal with obstacles to successful savings strategies.
- Have a firm grasp of the fundamentals of the time value of money.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of borrowing and the use of loans.
- Learn how to evaluate the impact of religious, economic, regulatory, and political issues with respect to your finances
- Plan ahead to make your goals financially achievable
By these we will know if the learner has been able to achieve the learning outcomes above:
- Completion of course content.
- Assessment of knowledge.
- Completion of tailored surveys.
- Video Interactive sessions with FFA through:
- Group Video discussions.
The design of the content of the course will follow the highlighted approaches;
- Learning centred, and;
- Video-based approach.
After the completion of the course, it is expected that the learners: Become exposed to practical and experiential financial knowledge that work, can define his/her financial plan, understand various laws of managing money, can align their finances with personal life target so you honour God and bless humanity.
We are delighted to have you! Throughout this course, we hope to hear from you. Good luck and enjoy the course!
What Will You Learn?
- The following learning goals should be achieved at the conclusion of the course:...
- ● Determine and set personal financial goals.
- ● Understand the importance and implement the process of personal budgeting.
- ● Understand the importance of overcoming barriers to successful savings strategies.
- ● Understand the basic concept of the time value of money.
- ● Identify the advantages and disadvantages of borrowing and the use of loans.
- ● Learn how to evaluate the impact of religious, economic, regulatory, and political issues with respect to your finances
- ● Plan ahead to make your goals financially achievable
Week 1: Part 1 – Introduction to Financial planning and the course of life
Introduction and Course Overview
Building a Financial Life Plan: Understanding Your Economic Background and Priorities
How Your Personality Might Impact Your Finances.
Planning your financial future with a financial planning cycle